- 6 eggs, separated
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 1 can (410 g) evaporated milk
- 1 can (400 g) condensed milk
- 295 g heavy cream or whole milk
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbs. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour a 9x13 in. pan.
2. Beat the egg whites in a clean metal bowl until stiff peaks form. For best results, use cold egg whites directly from the refrigerator.
3. Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl until it forms a creamy yellow mixture.
4. Stir the flour and sugar together in another bowl.
5. Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and blend thoroughly by hand.
6. Fold the whipped egg whites into the creamed mixture with large, gentle strokes.
7. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
8. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 minutes or until light brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Once the cake is ready, take it out of the oven and put it into a deep dish. Let cool slightly before adding the syrup.
View Complete recipe here